Thursday, July 06, 2006

A songbird sings a thankyou

Under my kitchen window I have a nice little garden section. It has a bird bath, suet and lots of flowers. Several days ago I was hard at work editing my latest novel when through the open kitchen window I heard a bird sing a song. It seeped into me while I was working and without even realizing it I said "You're welcome" to the bird.

After I said this I snapped out of my work and realized what had happened. The bird found my little spot and really liked it so it sang a song of thanks. Something inside me realized what the song was and acknowledged it. It was an amazing experience and something that could never be forced consciously.

Sometimes I have to fight the urge to scream at the world: "Open your eyes and see the true, open your ears and hear the true." But it is something that can't be made to happen, it just has to happen.

No comments: