Sunday, October 02, 2005

One possible answer

I have been rolling the question around in my head a lot lately and a lot of iterations have been popping out but here is one that came to me while I was on the border between sleep and wake.

Did you ever give a gift to someone?
I mean really give a gift?
It had nothing to do with you looking good or you spending the right amount of money.
What did you want out of this gift? You probably wanted the recipient to simply enjoy it.
That would give you great joy. There is a simple beauty to this.

What if this is the meaning of life? What if there is a "Higher Power". And this higher power bestowed upon us this gift of life? What would this higher power want from us - in other words what would be the meaning of life?

Maybe it would simply be for us to enjoy it.

No comments: